Q: Why start this cruise 2 days after Thanksgiving?
A: Isn’t that Saturday the quietest on your schedule every year? Plus it doesn’t overlap with any other weekend gig dates.
A: To get the best rate for everyone to attend – $100 less than equivalent cruises on other dates.
A: Because the sponsors liked it.
Q: I thought I saw a different itinerary previously promoted and surveyed
A: We were previously scheduled for earlier in November, but had to move it when another theme cruise bought out the full ship. While we hope to be large like that one eventually, it’s going to take a couple years.
Q: Is this a tax writeoff for my business?
A: Check with your accountant but as long as there is educational content on the event of significance, our accountant here in Iowa tell us it is just like attending Mobile Beat Las Vegas.
Q: I’ve seen other cruises that are like this that cost twice to three times as much…why so cheap?
A: Because we are doing it for fun honestly. We are taking no markup on the cruise price, and just getting a couple free cabins for doing it.
Q: Do I need a passport for this trip.
A: For cruises that begin and/or end in a U.S port, the following WHTI-Compliant Documents are acceptable for cruise travel. These standard forms of documentation will enable the Department of Homeland Security to quickly and reliably identify a traveler.
U.S. Passport | Passport Card | State Enhanced Driver’s License | Certificate of U.S. Naturalization | Native American Indians | Unacceptable forms of documentation
Q: What other things happen on the cruise, or is it just the DJ stuff listed on your “Experience” page.
A: Not by a longshot. Remember this is a Carnival Cruise ship that has all the activities that they have for the other 2000ish people on the ship. So in addition to anything that the Mobile Beat/PBX group has planned, there is all the shows, comedians, deck events, buffets, tours, excursions, etc.
Q: Why can I find prices less on line than what you are quoting for the group?
- A lot of times, the prices on line are a special promotion…Something the Cruise Line offers for a limited time, however, there ARE conditions. For example, yes, you are getting a $25.00 on-board credit, but you will not get your $150 deposit back if you need to cancel. The deposit is non-refundable.
- The Cruise Line also likes to do something similar to the bait-and-switch. They will advertise the absolute lowest price, but what they say in the really small print…the cabin is for bunk beds, or the cabin is under the stairs, which means the configuration might be awkward for two people, or the cabin will be in the very front of the ship (which, if you get seasick, this is not the place for you).
- Even though the Inside and Ocean View cabins are locked in a set rate for the group, when you book with Mobile Beat, our Agent, can always look for a less expensive fare. For example, if there is a promotion being offered the day you book, she can usually get it for you. If the rates go down, an adjustment can be made.
- Please remember though, the rates for the Balcony and Suites are not confirmed until a deposit is received. When we post a rate on the website, this is for information only as the rates can fluctuate even daily.
- When comparing the rates to what we offer, look in the really small print and make sure it is the same category and is refundable and if you need to make any changes, there are no fees.